- Open for entries: 1st March 2023
- Deadline: 30th June 2023
- Poets can enter any number of times, in separate submissions. (£12.00. Subsequent entry: £6.00)
- Audio poems can be in any style or form, but must be in English, and written for adults.
- Entries must be submitted via Submittable. No email submissions. In exceptional circumstances, postal entry may be accepted, as long as a cheque, made out for the correct entry fee, is sent to The Plaza Prizes Ltd. (Postal address is on Contact Form.)
- Enter the correct version of your work. If you make a mistake, sorry, but entry fees will not be refunded. (You will have to enter again.)
Please read the rules carefully before entering our Audio Poetry competition. Entry implies acceptance of all the rules and failure to comply will result in disqualification.
All entries are judged anonymously. Please do not include your name, address, phone number, email, website, twitter handle etc in the audio file or it will be disqualified.
Entries will be disqualified if they are over the 4 minute limit, and there will be no refund.
Entries must be entirely your own work.
Audio Poetry entries CAN have been previously published traditionally in written form. Self-published poems ARE also eligible for entry, in the new form of audio poems.
Entries must NOT have won in any other Audio Poetry competition.
Simultaneous submissions are allowed, but if an entry wins a prize elsewhere, you must inform us to withdraw immediately. Entry fees will not be refunded.
Maximum 4 minutes (one poem).
£12.00 per poem. (Subsequent entry: £6.00)
Entries must be submitted online via Submittable. No email submissions.
- Entries must be in an audio file format.
- Read the title, then the poem. Please do not include your name as this will lead to disqualification.
- Do not submit more than one audio poem per entry.
You can record your audio poem using your phone or by using a FREE recording programme, like Audacity, which you can download for FREE at: www.audacityteam.com There are many other options, but whatever means you use, try to make the quality of the recording the best you can. This will help the judges listen to your work.
The judges’ decision is final. No individual correspondence can be entered into. Judges are unable to comment on individual entries. The Plaza Prizes reserves the right to change the judge without notice.
Copyright remains with the author, but The Plaza Prizes reserves the right to feature any of the 10 shortlisted audio poems for publicity purposes.
Results & Awards
The Audio Poetry 1st, 2nd and 3rd prize-winners will be announced on the website and social media in September 2023. The 10 short-listed entries will be featured on The Plaza Prizes website.
In 2022-2023, we are offering 100 FREE ENTRIES across all our competitions to writers on low incomes, and from under-represented groups. You can apply for a bursary if low income, class, race, age, gender, sexuality, caring responsibilities, location, disability, or mental and physical health affects your writing. We want to encourage equality to discover quality new writing from diverse voices. Click here to apply for our Bursary Scheme.
The Plaza Prizes reserves the right to amend the rules where it deems necessary. Any changes to the rules will be posted on our website.
If you have a query about eligibility, please contact: email@example.com